The following instructions are also included in the <Intel Quartus installation directory>/nios2eds/bin/README
QUARTUS ECLIPSE MANUAL INSTALLATION
- Download CDT 8.8.1 which is Eclipse C/C++ IDE for Mars.2
a. Windows: https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/technology/epp/downloads/release/mars/2/eclipse-cpp-mars-2-win32-x86_64.zip
b. Linux: https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/technology/epp/downloads/release/mars/2/eclipse-cpp-mars-2-linux-gtk-x86_64.tar.gz
- Extract the downloaded file into /nios2eds/bin. You should see /nios2eds/bin/eclipse
folder after extraction is done.
- Rename /nios2eds/bin/eclipse folder to /nios2eds/bin/eclipse_nios2
- Extract /nios2eds/bin/eclipse_nios2_plugins.zip (or tar.gz for Linux) to
/nios2eds/bin. The extraction will override files in /nios2eds/bin/eclipse_nios2.
- Verify the extraction is done correctly by making sure you see /nios2eds/bin/eclipse_nios2/plugin_customization.ini file
- You can now launch Nios2 II SBT for Eclipse via eclipse-nios2.exe